Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 5...getting better

Well yesterday came with a lot of developments. April was on a trial drug for inflammation that was causing a lot of confusion and drowsiness. We requested they stop the trial study and within 45 minutes she started to improve. They were able to get her off of the pain pump and get her onto oral pain medication every 4 hours. We also got into a regular room and walked a little bit around the room. The surgical team just came in and said they're going to stop her iv fluids and take out her epidural and catheter. They also told her she can eat solid foods today and take a shower. Praise JESUS!  She's still in a lot of pain so please keep praying. All of you that know April know how she is so I expect to do a lot of walking today once she's disconnected from everything and more mobile..i may not be able to keep up! We love all of you and really appreciate your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. I sat here with tears in my eyes as I read this post. Thank the Lord for this good news. Give April a big hug from me. Your family will continue to be in my prayers. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Our prayers for ease of pain and for a speedy recovery. Cindy Melton

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Ps73:26
    God is good!
    Thomas P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord! Love and prayers to you all.

    ReplyDelete